- NEW - Simplified Internal Staff Tipsheet
- Typical SSO Issues Troubleshooting Tipsheet
- Go-Live date - 5/13/2021.
- As of 8/1/2022 we have ~400,000 total patients using One Password
Major Patient Portal Update
Patients and consumers will soon be able to address their care needs through one login supported by single sign-on (SSO). In preparation for the SSO launch, there are several process changes and updates that we would like to share with you:
- Updated marketing materials that reflect the new Dignity Health account are now available. Please replace any existing materials you are currently using with these. To obtain a copy of the latest SSO marketing collateral, please contact your local marketing lead.
- Patients will no longer be able to edit their email in the patient portal.
- All shared devices (PCs, tablets, and kiosks) that are used by patients and consumers to claim invitations must have their cache cleared between uses, or staff will need to go directly to https://cernerhealth.com and https://dignityhealth.org and make sure any previous users have been logged out. Information on how to clear your cache based on your device can be found within our Typical SSO Issues Troubleshooting Tipsheet
Resolving Patient Portal Issues for Patients It is increasingly important that all patient concerns about access to the portal are routed through the correct channels. Patients being routed for resolution using incorrect channels is contributing to a significant backlog and is further reducing our ability to respond in a timely manner. Please only refer patients (this includes employees who are also patients) to contact us about issues with the portal by using the email@example.com email or by calling our 24/7, toll-free support call center at 844-274-8497.
Resolving Patient Portal Issues for Employees Employees experiencing problems with the patient portal when assisting a patient should request assistance by emailing PatientCenterStaff@dignityhealth.org. Please do NOT provide this email to patients directly, as it creates significant backlog and further reduces our ability to respond in a timely manner. Likewise, sending emails directly to DHx team members creates time-consuming redundancies in our response
Major Events Timeline
- 5/13-5/15/21: Performance Instability Thursday through Saturday: RESOLVED through optimization and some code changes
- 5/17/21: Cerner Millennium Downtime (CareB): RESOLVED (non-related to SSO)
- 5/17/21: Increased Support Desk Volume and Training Issues: RESOLVED, patient follow-up still in progress
- 5/18/21: Manual Invitations turned back on
- 5/20/21: Automated invitations set to “re-enabled”
- 5/24/21: Large waves (~20,000) of daily emails sent to existing patients who have portal access and have not migrated their accounts. Waves focus on patients with upcoming scheduled appointments or recent lab results.
- 7/13/21: All existing patients have been sent a migration email. Final count is 818K emails.
7/22/21: The issue affecting 10% of existing patients completing the one time process (~50/day of the ~500 that are successful) has been fixed. Patients will no longer see this error during the migration process. The work around of sending a manual invitation is no longer needed.
7/22/21: On 7/21 we discovered a bug that prevented ~6% of patients from accessing their portal after completing the migration or invitation process. Patients would have seen the "Go to Portal" button, but after clicking would see a message that an invitation is required. Patients affected will no longer have an issue.
- 7/30/21: To better balance patient convenience and security with have changed new patient email invitations to expire in 45 days (previously it was 30 days).
- 8/11/21: Updated marketing material now includes Spanish language translations. Marketing teams can find both the English and Spanish material on the Google drive.
- 9/22/21: Direct Cerner patient portal links (for manual migrations) removed from public website. Patients now can only migrate their account from a migration email, my care - or an old link to the patient portal.
- 10/12/21: Existing patients who have not regained access to their portal will receive a new email invitation automatically. Just like a new patient, after clicking on the email they will just need their date of birth to regain access to their portal. This adds an additional method for patients to regain access to their portal.
- 10/27/21: We released functionality that allows patients to self service and resend a previous email portal invitation if they can't find it. They no longer have to call support if their email address is correct. For their security and privacy, patients do need to be logged into dignityhealth.org.
- 11/9/21: Improved notifications email from patient portal. Now it sends people to My Care versus a migrate or sign in page (which has proven confusing -especially on mobile devices).
- 12/6/21: Patients with a book marked the Cerner URL's now go to a simple log in page vs. one that allowed you to migrate your account or log in and fixed two issues that caused a patient reported looping issue and prevented access through Apple Health if you logged out.
- 1/4/22: Updated the link in the email titled "New My Portal Message" that users receive when they have a message in Cerner. These links will now take the user directly to their Cerner inbox once they are logged in. We are seeing a significant increase in daily patients in their portal (~20% increase).
- 1/10/22: Moved to a simpler invitation only model in My Care to reduce patient confusion.
- 1/25/22: Improved portal navigation to portal. Their portal(s) will just appear on the dashboard after logging in. Patients now will rarely need to navigate a region map to access their portal.
- 2/14/22: To simplify patients and support processes, we have moved to an 100% "Invitation Only" process. All patients now just need an email invitation to gain access to their portals. The patients utilizing the old migration process was ~10/day across both portals vs ~1000/day using invitation.
- 2/28/22: Improved staff visibility to a patient's current portal status. We made the change to only reflect - Patient Portal "Yes" for patients who have successfully reconnected since May 2021. Patient's will automatically receive email invites to the portal, but may need an updated email address to reconnect.
- 3/30/22: We released a simplified password reset process. This was designed based on listening to our support team and patient feedback. The new process is both simpler and more secure for our consumers and patients. It removes the need to set and remember a security question answer or contact our support team for a temporary password. About 1,000 people a day forget their password and many of them need to contact our support team for help (making it a top support issue). Release notes.
- 5/2/22: Main site navigation improved to better show when people are logged in. One issue was introduced caused some patients to see 400 errors was resolved on 5/9.
- 7/13/22: We resolved an issue for a very small group of patients (<1%) with 2 Cerner patient portals. They will no longer see an error, when they go to their second portal in the same web visit. Release notes.
- Daily: Patient Feedback (Foresee and Reviews): Being actioned
Below are answers to some of the more commonly asked questions that Staff may receive from patients.
Last Updated: 11/2/2020
What are the benefits of enrolling in a Dignity Health account?
Great question! Your Dignity Health account is created just for you.
Grow with us.
Dignity Health believes in Humankindness.
How can I create an account?
|At your next visit, tell the staff you would like to sign up for the portal. The staff will request your email address, and may have you complete a consent form. Within 30 minutes, you will receive an invitation to the email address you provided with a link to enroll. Just click on the link and follow the instructions to complete your enrollment. Some facilities are providing onsite account creation during your stay. Ask your caregivers if it is available at the facility you visit.|
How is my Dignity Health account different from the patient portal?
How is “my care.” different than “my portal.”?
Your Dignity Health account provides you access to both.
Your Dignity Health account with “my care.” allows you to:
Your patient portal (known as “my portal.”) allows you to:
Can I use my Dignity Health account to log into my current “my portal.” app that I already use for my patient portal?
You will be able to use your Dignity Health account directly in your “my portal.” mobile app after connecting your accounts.
If you have not already connected your accounts, the “my portal.” app will guide you to completing this process OR you may follow the link in the email you should have received to connect your accounts from the Dignity Health Team.
Can I create an account for a family member who has a Dignity Health doctor?
|Children under 12 years of age and dependent adults who have a Dignity Health doctor may create a My Portal account with an adult as the proxy. Accounts are not available for adolescents 12 – 17 years of age. For a dependent adult, they will need to sign a release, or you will need to provide a copy of the Medical Durable Power of Attorney before an account can be created for the dependent adult.|
Who has access to my account?
|Some of the information in your “my portal.” (Patient Portal) account is provided through your medical health record and is viewable by you and authorized staff of Dignity Health facilities. If you would like someone to have access to your records to help manage your care, you can sign a release to authorize a trusted relative to be set up as a proxy. This can also be terminated at any time by calling the technical support center. In the future we hope to add additional functionality that allows you to add additional information related to your health to your “my portal.” (Patient Portal) account. If you do so, you'll have your information in a secure place that can be accessed anywhere you have Internet access.|
If my email invitation expires or is lost, how can I request a new one?
The enrollment link expires 45 days from the day it is issued. If you are not able to find your invitation or it expired, you may request a new invitation from our staff by contacting our support center at 844.274.8497, Hello@DignityHealth.org. The staff are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We will also provide you assistance with locating the invitation, assistance enrolling, or navigating within “my portal.” (patient portal).
Who do I contact for help?
Questions regarding specific medical records should be directed to your facility’s Health Information Management (HIM) department. General medical questions should be directed to your primary care provider’s office.
Technical assistance is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 844.274.8497, Hello@DignityHealth.org. Technical support staff can help you with enrolling, logging in, navigating within “my care.” and “my portal.” (Patient Portal), as well as sending a new invitation to the email address on file; however they are unable to assist with medical or scheduling questions.
Who has access to my medical information?
|The information in your medical health record is viewable by you and authorized staff of Dignity Health facilities. If you would like someone to have access to your records to help manage your care, you may contact your Dignity Health facility or Doctor’s Office to authorize a trusted person to be added as a proxy. This may also be terminated at any time by calling the technical support center at 844.274.8497, Hello@DignityHealth.org.|